The original Kelowna Veterinary Hospital was opened in 1946 near the Apple Bowl. It was eventually rebuilt at its current location in 1981 by Dr. Barbara Coughlin, who had taken over the practice in 1977. She cultivated a solid small animal hospital that is the foundation of what we are today.
Dr. Ellen Nicklassen began working with at Kelowna Veterinary Hospital in 2000 as an assistant. She graduated from the Western College of Veterinary Medicine in 2013. Dr. Ellen now runs KVH with the same traditional values and compassionate care, with an emphasis on modern medicine.
Our hospital has undergone a series of remodels and equipment updates, and will continue to do so to remain current and practical in the field of veterinary medicine.
We are equipped with in house laboratory equipment, digital x-ray, digital dental x-ray, Class IV Cold Laser, fully-stocked pharmacy, and surgical suite.
Along with Dr. Ellen, Christine helps the clinic to run efficiently. She is the Head Vet Technician, graduating from TRU with an Animal Health Technologist Degree in 2013. The other staff members of KVH are passionate animal enthusiasts whose jobs range from office manager to receptionist to kennel person.